Coconut Curry Shrimp
This is one of my favorite week night meals. Quick & easy - most of the ingredients you might already have in your pantry (curry powder and canned coconut milk are staples of mine) and everything is done in one pan with very little clean-up.
It's one of those dishes that has everything you want - creamy, garlicky, spicy, citrus-y. The cilantro really pulls it all together. Great over rice or with a side of vegetables. Enjoy!
COconut curry shrimp
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb raw peeled, de-veined, tails-off shrimp
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges for serving
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add shrimp and cook uncovered until shrimp is pink. With a pair of tongs, transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl and set aside, leaving the enough butter in the saucepan for the onions.
- Sauté onions until soft & translucent. Add garlic & curry powder, mixing to combine.
- Briefly remove from heat to add coconut milk. Canned coconut milk can separate into liquid and coconut cream, simply whisk together.
- Set the saucepan back onto the burner and bring to a simmer. Lower heat to medium low, simmering until the curry is reduced - about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Once the sauce is thick and bubbly, remove from heat and add freshly squeezed lime juice, salt & cracked black pepper to taste, and the chopped cilantro. Stir to evenly distribute in the curry.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the saucepan to coat. Serve with a lime wedge either all by itself or over rice.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman.
Yield: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories - 394 | Carbohydrates - 12g | Total Fat - 26g | Protein - 27g | Sodium - 190mg | Sugar - 2g